Operation Greens aims to promote farmer producers organisations, agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management. The operation aims to aid farmers and help control and limit the erratic fluctuations in the prices of onions, potatoes and tomatoes.
• It may help in doubling the income of farmers by the end of 2022.
• It aims to ensure farmers are given the right price for their produce. The MSP regulation has a key role to play here. The announcement to set minimum support price of all kharif crops at 1.5 times the cost of production will increase the farmers’ income and for consumers, tax incentives will be given under Operation Greens.
• The government aims to focus on basic ingredients and not on additional commodities in agriculture.
• It shall promote Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management in the sector.
1. Which of the following has been termed as “Green Gold” in the Budget?