Target PT 2018 Classes:
Complete Revision through MCQs, Program will start from 25th Feb, 2018. Click here
for Course details & Online admission.
The government has launched Progress Panchayat, a campaign to reach out to the minorities, particularly Muslims, to create awareness in these communities about the government’s policies and programmes and remove “fears and misconceptions” about the government.
The Progress Panchayat would educate people of the area about the government’s efforts in social, educational, health and infrastructure sectors and in creating job opportunities.
The panchayats would analyse the level of progress reached by the communities.
Schemes of the Minority Affairs Ministry
• “Seekho aur Kamao” - Under “Seekho Aur Kamao” (Learn and Earn) schemes, about 2200 people had been provided training from 2014.
• “Nai Manzil” - Nai Manzil aims to engage constructively with poor Minority youth and help them obtain sustainable and gainful employment opportunities that can facilitate them to be integrated with mainstream economic activities.
• “Nai Raushni” - Under “Nai Raushni” scheme, 3300 people had been provided job-oriented training.
• “Ustaad” - Initiative to preserve, protect and promote ancient art, culture of the Minority communities
• “Nai Udaan” - The Nai Udaan- Scheme for Support for Minority Students is for the support to the minority community students/candidates clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions etc. It expects proactive measures for those communities that lag behind and become increasingly marginalized. It encourages the students/candidates by earmarking of targets on Self- employment and Wage employment and Recruitment to State and Central Services. It provides pre-examination coaching for competitive examinations in government and private institutions for candidates from minority communities.
• “Pradhanmantri Jan Vikas Karykram” (MsDP) - has been providing basic amenities such as school, hospitals, roads and other infrastructure in Minority concentrated areas.
• Employment oriented schemes are our priority. “Employment to every hand” is our commitment.