The Government of Kerala has initiated the Muziris Heritage Project to reinstate the historical and cultural significance of the legendary port of Muziris. The region is dotted with numerous monuments of a bygone era that conjure up a vast and vivid past. The entire project is designed to involve and integrate the local community in all intended developmental initiatives.
• The largest heritage conservation project in India
• The first Green Project of the Government of Kerala
• Involvement of multiple Government Departments and convergence
• More than 25 museums to appreciate the Muziris Heritage
• A research and academic institution to support the project
• Major improvements in infrastructure
• Integration with local communities through native resource persons for data collection, survey etc.
• To promote awareness and understanding of the cultural distinctiveness and diversity of Muziris
• To conserve cultural assets and safeguard them for the present and future generations
• To practice and promote sustainable development
• To promote participative approach towards conservation and restoration
• To ensure accessibility for all
• To include the heritage of Muziris in regional educational programmes
• To integrate and heritage management for mutual synergy