It is a project to provide health and social security services to members of ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) through a national digital network.
It is the largest e-governance program to provide online facilities to employers and insured people for registration, payment of premium, disbursement of cash benefits and automated Medicare services to all insured people.
Project Panchdeep has five components:
1. Pehchan – Includes all services related to identification, authentication and verification of Insured Persons (IPs) through the use of biometric cards.
2. Milap – Comprises of all services related to provisioning network and bandwidth.
3. Pashan – Consists of services related to hardware for Data Centre, Disaster Recovery, desktops/PCs/Laptops and middleware
4. Dhanwantri – Includes all services related to hospitals and dispensaries and
5. Pragati – For all services related to ERP modules.
Under the project, a massive Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) would be installed across the country.
The project also takes care of payments, third party bills, the loans and advances, LTC of the employees, among others.
The Insured Persons (IP) would get unique biometric cards under the project.
Delegating more powers to the states, the Centre has decided to form the state executive committees for ESI services
Implementing organizations: ESIC, Ministry of Labour and Employment, GOI.