Science & Technology
19th Sep, 2019
The new technology which would remove the need to have a physical SIM card
- An eSIM is exactly what it sounds like an electronic, or embedded, SIM. Instead of a physical card, SIM technology is built right into your phone. It’s a small chip that’s used to authenticate your identity with your carrier.
- One of the advantages of eSIM technology is that it makes it much easier to switch carriers. Instead of having to order a new SIM and wait around for it to arrive, you can switch to a new carrier straight from your phone.
- eSIM technology supports multiple accounts and switching between them is super easy.
- It will help make devices smaller.
- It could be extremely helpful for wearables devices.