Aajeevika - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM)
- It was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development in June 2011.
- Aided in part through investment support by the World Bank, the Mission aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor.
- It is enabling them to increase household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improved access to financial services.
- NRLM set out with an agenda to cover 7 Crore rural poor households, across 600 districts, 6000 blocks, 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats and 6 lakh villages in the country through self-managed Self Help Groups (SHGs) and federated institutions and support them for livelihoods collectives in a period of 8-10 years.
- In addition, the poor would be facilitated to achieve increased access to rights, entitlements and public services, diversified risk and better social indicators of empowerment.
- In November 2015, the program was renamed Deendayal Antayodaya Yojana (DAY-NRLM).