Dar es Salaam Declaration
10th Feb, 2023
The inaugural countries leading the Global Alliance to End AIDS in Children together with community representatives, UN agencies, stakeholders and partners gathered in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on February 1st, 2023 will discuss on progress and the plans to end AIDS in Children by 2030.
To achieve the goal of ending AIDS in children, the declaration calls to intentionally strengthen, coordinate and resource robust national programs by:
- Providing access to universal testing and treatment for all children and adolescents living with HIV and supporting them to remain virally suppressed.
- Ensuring access to treatment and care for all pregnant and breastfeeding women and supporting them to stay in care.
- Harnessing digital technologies to reach adolescents and young people;
- Implementing comprehensive, integrated HIV services.
- Working with and for men, women and adolescent girls to ensure that mothers are protected from acquiring HIV during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Ending the stigma, discrimination, and gender inequities experienced by women, children, and adolescents affected by HIV.
- Working with communities including men to prevent gender-based violence and counter harmful gender norms.
- Ring fencing budgets for ending AIDS in children.
- Partnering with people living with HIV and communities in all our work.
- Monitoring and sharing our progress and learning for joint accountability and for the benefit of all.