What's New :
India celebrates 3rd India Protein Day
Science & Technology
2nd Mar, 2022
In India, every year February 27th is celebrated as the National Protein Day. This year’s theme of India Protein Day is ‘Food Futurism‘.
- The National Protein Day aims to create awareness about protein deficiency and encourage people to include this macronutrient in their diet.
- The day urges people to include this crucial macronutrient in their diet.
- The day also helps people to learn more about different sources of plant and animal protein.
Facts about Protein
- Protein is a macronutrient that is essential to building muscle mass.
- It is commonly found in animal products, though is also present in other sources, such as nuts and legumes.
- Chemically, protein is composed of amino acids, which are organic compounds made of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen or sulfur.
- Just as amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, proteins are the building blocks of muscle mass.
Verifying, please be patient.