UKIERI-UGC Higher Education Leadership Development Programme
4th Mar, 2020
The Union Minister for Human Resource Development launched the ‘Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator’.
- The Union Minister for Human Resource Development launched the ‘Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator’.
- It is a joint initiative of UGC and British Council under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI), which aims to deliver a leadership development programme for middle and senior level administrative functionaries in Indian Universities.
- The training for 300 participants is aimed at capacity building for senior leaders, mid-senior level functionaries and academic faculty across Indian higher education institutes (HEIs).
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) will conduct this programme in collaboration with Advance HE as the training partner with globally recognized institutional expertise and leadership excellence from the UK, which is being enabled by the British Council in India.
- The programme will provide 300 participating leaders at the level of Joint/Deputy/ Assistant Registrar and Registrar in Indian Universities with improved leadership capacity in terms of knowledge, competencies, skills and behaviours.
- Since 2006, UKIERI has been driving internationalisation in higher education sectors of Indiaand the UK by focusing on three key aspects: institutional partnerships (for research and academics), student mobility, and leadership development (for academic leaders).