What's New :
World Autism Awareness Day
5th Apr, 2022
The World Autism Awareness Day is observed across the world on April 2.
About World Autism Awareness Day:
- The UN General Assembly had declared April 2 as World Autism Awareness Day.
- The objective of the day is to create awareness about Autism and also to encourage people to support those who are suffering from this disorder.
- The theme of 2022 is - "Inclusive Quality Education for All" which marks the global inequalities in education and society, faced by people with autism.
What is Autism?
- Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder is a lifelong developmental disability that manifests itself during the first three years of life.
- It results from a neurological disorder that affects the functioning of the brain, mostly affecting children and adults in many countries irrespective of gender, race or socio-economic status.
- It is characterized by impairments in social interaction, problems with verbal and non-verbal communication and restricted, repetitive behaviour, interests and activities.
- Though there is no cure for it, therapeutic and behavioural guidance can considerably improve quality of life.
Verifying, please be patient.