What's New :
World Thinking Day observed on 22nd February
2nd Mar, 2022
World Thinking Day, originally known as Thinking Day, is celebrated annually on 22 February by all Girl Scouts, Girl Guides and other girl groups worldwide.
- The theme for World Thinking Day 2022 is ‘Our World: Our Equal Future: The Environment and Gender Equality' which highlights the significance of the environment in the context of gender equality.
About the day
- World Thinking Day is a celebration of ten million girls worldwide that has taken place on every 22 February since 1926.
- It remains a day for all Guides and Girl Scouts to think of each other and celebrate their sisters all around the world.
Brief history of the day
- In 1926, delegates from guide and girl scout organisations across the world met in the USA for the 4th world conference.
- They decided to create a day for Guides and Girl Scouts to celebrate being part of an international movement.
- Delegates chose to hold the first celebration on the joint birthday of Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the scout and guide movement, and his wife Olave, who served as World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides (WAGGGS) is a global association.
- It supports the female-oriented and female-only Scouting and Guiding organisations in 152 countries around the world.
- WAGGGS was established in 1928 in Hungary.
- It has its headquarters in London, United Kingdom.
- The World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides is organised into five regions and it operates five international guiding centres.
- WAGGGS also holds full member status in the European Youth Forum.
Verifying, please be patient.