Economic Survey 2017-18 Summary
Excerpts from Economic Survey with Practice Questions
The following chapters contain some of the most important facts and analysis from the economic survey.
The technical Terms in respective chapters alongwith supplementary readings have been added to give a better understanding of the topics.
We have also provided questions at the end of each chapter for your revision. Some answers you may be able to find in the chapter itself. Whereas some questions would have a theme from survey, but may also ask about additional facts and concepts. This will help you to prepare for overall Indian economy portion from paper 3. We hope you would find this useful and practise hard to utilize it in proper manner.
Economic Survey 2016-2017 Highlights
- Economic Outlook and Policy Challenges
- The Economic Vision for Precocious, Cleavaged India
- Demonetisation: To Deify or Demonize?
- The Festering Twin Balance Sheet Problem
- Fiscal Framework: The World is Changing, Should India Change Too?
- Fiscal Rules: Lessons from the States
- Clothes and Shoes: Can India Reclaim Low Skill Manufacturing?
- Review of Economic Development
- Universal Basic Income: A conversation
- Income, Health, and Fertility: Convergence Puzzles
- One Economic India: For Goods and in the Eyes of the Constitution
- India on the Move and Churning: New Evidence
- The ‘Other India’s’: Two Analytical Narratives (Redistributive and Natural Resources) on States’ Development
- From Competitive Federalism to Competitive Sub-Federalism: Cities as Dynamos