History of Dogri Language and Literature
Answers must be written in Dogri
History of Dogri Language
1. Dogri language: Origin and development through different stages.
2. Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
3. Characteristic features of Dogri language
4. Structure of Dogri Language:
(a) Sound Structure:
Segmental: Vowels and Consonants
Non-segmental: Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.
(b) Morphology of Dogri:
Inflection Categories: Gender, Number, Case, Person, Tense and Voice.
Word Formation: use of prefixes, infixes and suffixes.
Vocabulary: tatsam, tadbhav, foreign and regional.
(c) Sentence Structure: Major Sentence- types and their constituents, agreement and concord in Dogri syntax.
5. Dogri Language and Scripts: Dogre/Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri literature
A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature: Poetry & Prose.
Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
Development of Dogri short-story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
Development of Dogri Drama & contribution of prominent playwrights.
Development of Dogri Prose:- Essays, Memoirs & travelogues.
An introduction to Dogri Folk literature- Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads.