What's New :
Indian Army joins 'Project BOLD' to grow bamboo trees in Himalayan terrains in Leh
Bamboo has strong traditional roots in India and is gaining importance for economic and environmental sustainability in the country. Discuss.(150 words)
- In the introduction, provide relevant facts about Bamboo Cultivation in India. Eg. the percentage of land in cultivation, a map showing the distribution of Bamboo cultivation.
- Enumerate traditional, socio-economic, and environmental benefits of Bamboo.
- Point out any problems associated with Bamboo Cultivation. Eg. Invasive Species etc
- Mention initiatives of the Government to encourage Bamboo Cultivation and its supply chain.
- Way Forward and Conclusion.
Verifying, please be patient.