What's New :
'Operation Ganga' - India's Mega Mission to save its Citizens in Ukraine
The Indian government is conducting an evacuation mission named Operation Ganga to bring back all the Indian nationals who are currently stranded in Ukraine.
About ‘Operation Ganga’:
- 'Operation Ganga' is the initiative launched by the government of India to bring back Indians stranded in Ukraine.
- Under this, India has already successfully brought back more than a 1,000 of its nationals from the country.
- India has decided to send four senior ministers as the prime minister's special envoys to Ukraine's neighbouring countries to oversee the evacuation of Indians.
- It has also set up 24×7 control centres to assist in the evacuation of Indians through the border crossing points with Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovak Republic.
- A Twitter handle ‘OpGanga Helpline’ has also been dedicated to the mission where all information regarding evacuation process and advisories of embassies are shared to keep everyone up-to-date.
- Even as Air India flights were being used to carry out the rescue initiative, Spicejet, Indigo and Air India Express have now joined the mission.
Verifying, please be patient.