What's New :
PM unveils G20 logo signifying India’s agenda for Global Order and Peace
India has unveiled the logo, theme and website for its presidency of the G20, which reflects the country’s message and overarching priorities to the world.
About the logo:
- The G20 logo, created with the four colors of India's national flag, comprises of earth sitting atop a lotus.
- The seven petals in the logo signify the seven seas and the coming together of seven continents at G20 India 2023.
- Theme: The earth reflects India's pro-planet approach to life and from this and derives the theme of G20 India 2023 – ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: One Earth, One Family, and One Future’.
Significance of the Logo:
- In Indian culture, both the goddesses of knowledge and prosperity are seated on a lotus. This is what the world needs the most today.
- Shared knowledge that helps us overcome our circumstances and shared prosperity that reaches the last person at the last mile. This is why the earth is place on lotus too.
- The seven petals on the lotus in the logo represent the seven continents.
- Seven is also the number of notes in the universal language of music. In music, when the seven notes come together, they create perfect harmony.
The G20 working:
- G20 is the premier forum for international economic cooperation representing around 85 per cent of the global GDP, over 75 per cent of the global trade, and about two-thirds of the world population.
- The presidency of the G20 rotates every year among members, and the country holding the presidency, together with the previous and next presidency-holder, forms the ‘Troika’.
- During India’s presidency, India, Indonesia and Brazil will form the troika. This would be the first time when the troika would consist of three developing countries and emerging economies.
Verifying, please be patient.