What is PIB?
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) is a nodal agency of the Government of India. PIB disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements.
Is PIB important for UPSC exam?
The articles published by the Press Information Bureau or PIB have authentic information relating to the government policies, plans, achievements etc. A serious UPSC aspirant should read PIB selectively to gather relevant information to enrich his/her content both for prelims and mains. GS SCORE will give you the most important articles to be read from PIB.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) is a nodal agency of the Government of India. PIB disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. A serious UPSC aspirant should read PIB selectively to gather relevant information to enrich his/her content both for prelims and mains. GS SCORE will give you the most important articles to be read from PIB. Here you will get fortnightly compilations of PIB releases and features.
Benefits of taking information from GS SCORE PIB fortnightly Updates:
Current affairs for UPSC Preparation can be extracted from multiple sources. The most reliable sources of daily news updates are usually the official sources of the government and aspirants should follow the news from these sources closely.
The Press Information Bureau, also known as PIB is the nodal agency disseminating news from the Government of India to the media. Set up in 1919, it has grown into a large agency with more than forty offices all over the country. Its press releases give information to electronic, print and new media on the following topics:
Given the volume of news that PIB releases every day, GS SCORE'S releases the Best of PIB fortnightly as a part of the Free Study Material for IAS, summarising the UPSC related news to help IAS aspirants stay up to date on Current Affairs for UPSC. Following PIB releases is very important for IAS preparation as most of the current affairs covered in the UPSC exam is available in PIB releases as they happen. This helps us understand the context of every news item and its relevance in the IAS exam.
Our PIB compilation of issues from 1st March to 15th march 2020 covers all essential articles relevant from the UPSC CSE examination point of view.
It covers issues such as:
1. INDIAN CULTURE - Indian Culture Portal
2. INDIAN CULTURE - The Central Sanskrit Universities Bill, 2020
3. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS - Agreement between India and Brunei for Exchange of Information notified
4. SCIENCE & TECH - ARCI scientists develop friction-reducing nanocomposite coatings to increase device life
5. SCIENCE & TECH -Starch-based materials developed to stop rapid blood loss during accidents
6. DEFENCE - Ordnance Factories
7. GOVERNANCE - World Consumer Day
8. ECONOMY - Tech for Tribals
9. SCIENCE & TECH - Huntington disease (HD)
10. ENVIRONMENT & ECOLOGY - House Sparrow
11. GOVERNANCE - Cabinet approves Scheme for Promotion of manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors
12. GOVERNANCE - Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0) Scheme
13. SCIENCE & TECH - World Tuberculosis Day
14. ECONOMY - Recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs)
15. ENVIRONMENT & ECOLOGY - Glaciers in Sikkim are losing mass faster than other parts of the Himalaya
16. SCIENCE & TECH - Scientists of ARI, Pune develop biofortifi ed, high protein wheat variety
17. GOVERNANCE - National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC)
Verifying, please be patient.