What is PIB?
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) is a nodal agency of the Government of India. PIB disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements.
Is PIB important for UPSC exam?
The articles published by the Press Information Bureau or PIB have authentic information relating to the government policies, plans, achievements etc. A serious UPSC aspirant should read PIB selectively to gather relevant information to enrich his/her content both for prelims and mains. GS SCORE will give you the most important articles to be read from PIB.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) is a nodal agency of the Government of India. PIB disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. A serious UPSC aspirant should read PIB selectively to gather relevant information to enrich his/her content both for prelims and mains. GS SCORE will give you the most important articles to be read from PIB. Here you will get fortnightly compilations of PIB releases and features.
Benefits of taking information from GS SCORE PIB fortnightly Updates:
Current affairs for UPSC Preparation can be extracted from multiple sources. The most reliable sources of daily news updates are usually the official sources of the government and aspirants should follow the news from these sources closely.
The Press Information Bureau, also known as PIB is the nodal agency disseminating news from the Government of India to the media. Set up in 1919, it has grown into a large agency with more than forty offices all over the country. Its press releases give information to electronic, print and new media on the following topics:
Given the volume of news that PIB releases every day, GS SCORE'S releases the Best of PIB fortnightly as a part of the Free Study Material for IAS, summarising the UPSC related news to help IAS aspirants stay up to date on Current Affairs for UPSC. Following PIB releases is very important for IAS preparation as most of the current affairs covered in the UPSC exam is available in PIB releases as they happen. This helps us understand the context of every news item and its relevance in the IAS exam.
Our PIB compilation of issues from 16th March to 31st march 2020 covers all essential articles relevant from the UPSC CSE examination point of view.
It covers issues such as: government schemes for upsc 2020
1.GOVERNANCE - J&K sets up PMRU of NPPA
2. ECONOMY - Joint Venture between Adani Green Energy Limited
and Total S.A. to generate solar energy
3. GOVERNANCE - Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Adaptation of
State Laws) Order, 2020
4. ECONOMY - Government launches new features of e-NAM
5. SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - AarogyaSetu: A Multi-Dimensional Bridge
6. HEALTH - Central Zoo Authority advises zoos in India to
remain on high alert in view of COVID 19
7. SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - Biofortifi ed Carrot Variety
8. ECONOMY - TRIFED to launch a Digital Campaign for self help
9. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS - G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual Meeting
10. SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - YUKTI (Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology & Innovation)
11. SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - CollabCAD
12. ECONOMY - DekhoApnaDesh
13. ENVIRONMENT - Amendment to Environment Impact Assessment
(EIA) Notifi cation 2006
Join Us on