Good and bad: On India and artificial intelligence
- In view of increasing competition across World in field of Artificial intelligence (AI), India needs to harness the benefits of AI while avoiding adverse effects.
New Generative AI model:
- Features: Generative AI is most commonly used to generate text, images, and code in response to users’ requests, even if they are capable of more.
- Benefits: AI models backed by neural networks trained on very large datasets and with access to sufficient computing power have been used to do well.
- Applications: New antibiotics and alloys, for clever entertainment and cultural activities, and for many banal tasks, but it has caught attention most notably with its ability to falsify data.
- Data piracy: The testing of the inner workings of AI models is questionable and their use of copyrighted data is also often questioned.
- Privacy issues: Other problems are with regard for human dignity and privacy, and protections from falsifying information.
- Difficult to handle: Undefined risks which cannot be addressed by the software itself can take place.
- Better policies: The world will need at least rolling policies that keep the door open for democratic institutions to slam the brakes on dangerous enterprises.
- An open-source AI risk profile: Is required for risk mitigation and to address the future concerns.
- Addressing adverse effects: There is not just a need to monitor and solve the issue originated; however, impact assessment is required to address large masses.
Question: What are the Ethical issue arising out of new Generative Artificial Intelligence model? How government can resolve them in terms of data piracy, privacy issues and present policy framework in the country?
- Subject: Ethics (GS-IV)
- Sub-topic: Ethical dilemmas and Case study
- Introduce the answer using features of Generative AI model.
- Use applications and present modifications introduced in AI system in India.
- Mention the link between privacy, data usage and issues from AI.
- Address few government policies and laws in the country.
- Put ethical view of the AI and issues to be addressed.
- Conclude by mentioning an approach for involvement of Government and stakeholders.