What's New :
Over 69% of houses constructed under PMAY, owned by women: Centre
The data shared by the government reveals that over 69% of houses constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin are either wholly or jointly owned by women in rural areas.
The progress so far (Statistics):
- Two crore houses had been constructed out of the 2.46 crore houses that were sanctioned.
- Over 69% of the houses are owned partly or completely by women.
- Among the top 20 districts with highest share of female borrowers in fresh home loan disbursal in FY22, six districts are from Chhattisgarh, three each from Gujarat and Haryana.
How ‘women-led development’ is a good sign?
- Its government’s endeavour to ensure women get a fair share of government schemes under the Nari Shakti
- The idea behind the initiative is to have “women-led” development instead of “development of women”.
- Fulfilling the aspirations of women of owning a pucca house.
- Strengthened their participation in the financial decision.
- Basic amenities give security, dignity, and basic amenities economic power
- Uplifting their social inclusion
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin?
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) was launched 2015 with the aim of constructing 2.95 crore houses.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) has been devised in line with Government’s commitment to providing ‘Housing for All’ by 2022 in rural areas.
- The scheme aims at providing a pucca house with basic amenities to all houseless householders living in kutcha and dilapidated houses by 2022.
- The minimum size of the house has been increased to 25 sq.mt (from 20sq.mt) with a hygienic cooking space.
- The unit assistance has been increased from Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 1.20 lakh in plain and from Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 1.30 lakh in hilly states.
- The assistance for construction of toilets shall be leveraged through convergence with Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin (SBM-G), MGNREGS or any other dedicated source of funding.
- The houses under PMAY come equipped with toilet, Saubhagya Yojna electricity Connection, Ujala Scheme LED bulb, Ujjwala gas Connection and water connection under Har Ghar Jal.
Selection of Beneficiary:
- It selects beneficiaries using housing deprivation parameters in the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data.
- The SECC data capture specific deprivation related to housing among households.
- Houseless households.
- Households living in 0,1,2 kutcha wall and kutcha roof houses can be segregated and targeted.
Other Infrastructures and Rural development related schemes
- Skill Upgradation and Mahila Coir Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Toilet Construction)
Verifying, please be patient.