Chhattisgarh government inaugurates Shivrinarayan temple
Art and culture
18th Apr, 2022
The Chhattisgarh government recently organized a grand inaugural event to mark the completion of the renovation and beautification work of the Shivrinarayan temple under the ambitious ‘Ram Van Gaman Tourism Circuit’.
- The Laxminarayan Temple was built by the kings of Hayhay Vansh during the age of 11th century on the bank of Mahanadi at Shivarinarayan Nagar.
- Shvirinarayan temple is situated in the Champa Janjgir district of Chhatisgarh.
- It is one of the most sacred places according to Hindu mythology and is situated at the meeting point of rivers Mahanadi, Jonk and Shivnath.
- According Hindu mythology from the age of Ramayana shabri aasharma is situated here.
- The temple of Shivarinarayan is a great piece work Vaishanav Shaili by the Vaishnav community.
- It is believed that Lord Rama spent most of the time during his 14-year exile in Dandakaranya region of Chhattisgarh.
- The description of this place can be found in relation to every Yug. This place is known as:
- Baikunthpur of Satyug
- Rampur of Tretayug
- Vishnupur of Dwaparyug
- Shivrinarayan of Kalyug
Shri Jagannathji connection
- This place is also famously known as Jagannath Puri of Chhatisgrah due to the presence of the Shivrinarayan temple.
- It is believed that in ancient times, an idol of Shri Jagannathji was established in this place which was later moved to Jagannath Puri.
About Ram Van Gaman Tourism Circuit
- The State government is developing the tourism circuit at a cost of Rs. 137.45 crore.
- Nine sites are being developed to attract tourists to the circuit,
- The circuit shall cover the route believed to be taken by Lord Ram during his 14-year exile.
- The nine sites are Sitamarhi-Harchaika (Koriya), Ramgarh (Ambikapur), Shivrinarayan (Janjgir-Champa), Turturiya (Baloda Bazaar), Chandkhuri, Rajim (Gariaband), Sihawa-Saptarishi Ashram (Dhamtari), Jagdalpur (Bastar) and Ramaram (Sukma).
Being the birthplace of Mata Kaushalya, Chhattisgarh holds a special significance in the life of Lord Rama. Chandkhuri in Raipur is the maternal home of Shri Ram, who is worshipped as a nephew in Chhattisgarh.