‘EX DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022’
2nd Mar, 2022
The third edition of the joint military exercise “EX DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022” between India and Japan is to be conducted from 27 February to 10 March 2022, at Belagavi (Belgaum), Karnataka.
What is Exercise Dharma Guardian?
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual joint military exercise conducted between India and Japan since 2018.
- The exercise aims to share experience gained during various Counter Terrorism Operations in respective Countries.
- The exercise will include house interventions drills, raid on terrorist hideouts in semi urban terrain, unarmed combat & close quarter combat firing where both sides will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed tactical drills for neutralisation of likely threats.
About “EX DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022”
- The 15th Battalion the Maratha Light Infantry Regiment of the Indian Armyand 30th Infantry Regiment of Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) are participating in this 12 days long joint exercise.
- The military exercise will focus on operations in Jungle & Semi-Urban/Urban terrains.
- The exercise aims at enhancing the interoperability and fostering mutual understanding between the two Armies.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual military training event, being conducted in India since 2018.
Other exercises between India and Japan
- SHINYUU Maitri– It is a bilateral exercise between the Indian Air Force and the Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF).
- JIMEX- It is a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Japan.
- Sahayog-Kaijin – Joint bilateral exercise between the Indian Coast Guard and the Japan Coast Guard.