Government launches Broadcast Seva Portal for TV, radio stations
Polity & Governance
11th Apr, 2022
The Government recently launched the 'Broadcast Seva Portal', an online portal solution for speedy filing and processing of applications for various kinds of licences, permissions and registrations among other services.
About 'Broadcast Seva Portal':
- Broadcast Seva Portal is an online portal solution for speedy filing and processing of applications of broadcasters for various kinds of licenses, permissions, registrations, etc.
- This simple and user-friendly web portal provides a broadcaster with an end-to-end solution with just a click of a mouse.
- It will boost the business environment and empower the entire broadcast sector by directly benefiting more than 900 Satellite TV Channels, 70 Teleport operators, 1700 Multi-service operators, 350 Community Radio Stations (CRS), and 380 Private FM Channels and others.
- All facilities for filing new applications or making changes or payments will be available on this portal. It'll soon be linked with National Single Window System.
- The Minister informed the audience that the test run of the portal received positive feedback from end-users.
Broadcast Seva Portal: Objective
- The Broadcast Seva (BS) Portal will provide a single point facility to the stakeholders and applicants to apply for various registrations, permissions and licences issued by I&B Ministry for broadcast related activities.
- The portal will enable establishment of an efficient and transparent system for the growth and management of the Broadcast sector.
- The portal will enable smooth communication between the applicants and different stakeholders and speed up processing of applications.
The Broadcast Seva Portal is in line with PM Narendra Modi’s vision for enabling Ease of Doing Business and promoting Make in India and Digital India initiatives.
Broadcast Seva Portal Services
- The portal has a database of institutions including TV channels, news agencues, TRP agencies, OTT and Digital Media, local cable operators, DTH Operators, FM channels, community radio stations, Multi-System Operators, Satellite TV Channels, Teleports, HITS Operators and user information system.
- Payment of Annual Permission Fees for TV Channels / Teleports
- Application and process guidelines for setting up of Community Radio Stations
- Application and process guidelines for registration as Multi-System Operators
- Application guidelines for Temporary uplink of Live Events