ICGS 'Vigraha' commissioned into Indian Coast Guard
Science & Technology
6th Sep, 2021
Recently, indigenously built 'Vigraha' ship has been commissioned into the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
About the Vessel
- The 98 meters’ offshore patrol vessel has been designed and built indigenously by Larsen & Toubro Ship Building Ltd.
- It is fitted with advanced technology Radars, Navigation and Communication Equipment, Sensor and Machinery capable of operating in tropical sea conditions.
- The vessel is armed with a 40/60 Bofors gun and fitted with two 12.7 mm Stabilised Remote Control Gun (SRCG) with Fire Control System.
- The ship is also equipped with-
- Integrated Bridge System (IBS)
- Integrated Platform Management System (IPMS)
- Automated Power Management System (APMS)
- High-Power External Firefighting (EFF) system
- The ship is designed to carry one Twin Engine Helicopter and four high-speed boats for Boarding Operation, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement and Maritime Patrol.
- The ship will be based in Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- It will operate on the eastern seaboard under the operational and administrative control of the Commander, Coast Guard Region (East).