India backs China’s plan for joint border activity
29th Jun, 2022
India has supported an initiative by China for all SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) member states, including Russia, Pakistan and Central Asian countries, to conduct “joint border operations” in 2023.
- India has supported an initiative by China to conduct a “joint border operation” in 2023 of all member countries of SCO
- The border operation called “Solidarity-2023” will be organised by China
- The Border Security Force (BSF) hosted the 21st meeting of Experts’ Group and Border Security Conference of SCO countries
- At the meeting participants exchanged information reflecting assessments of the situation on the State borders of the SCO member states, trends and forecasts of its development.
- The results of the Joint Border Operation “Solidarity-2019-2021” carried out in 2021 by the border services of the competent authorities of the SCO member states were discussed and highly appreciated.
- The plan for the preparation and conduct of the Joint Border Operation “Friendship Border – 2022, this year was reviewed and approved.
What is SCO?
- The SCO is an economic and security grouping and has emerged as one of the largest trans-regional international organisations to ensure security and maintain stability across the vast Eurasian region.
- The member-states of SCO:
- Kyrgyz Republic,
- Tajikistan and
The main objectives of the SCO are to:
- strengthen relations among member states
- promote cooperation in political affairs, economics and trade, scientific-technical, cultural, and educational spheres as well as in energy, transportation, tourism, and environmental protection;
- safeguard regional peace, security, and stability
- create a democratic, equitable international political and economic order