National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) celebrated its 17th foundation day
Polity & Governance
5th Oct, 2021
In the 17th foundation of NDMA, the Government launched two new initiatives:
- Aapda Mitra Scheme
- Common Alerting Protocol
Key-highlights of the scheme
- AapdaMitra scheme is to prepare the public and up-gradation of skills of people who have the zeal to fight against disaster, work for others and save people by risking their lives.
- In this initiative, arrangements can be made to make them aware of all protocols and take immediate action in case of disaster.
- This scheme has been implemented on an experimental basis in 30 flood-prone districts of 25 states.
- Under this initiative, work has been done to prepare 5,500 Aapda Mitras and Aapda Sakhis for flood protection.
Common Alerting Protocol
- It is to give alerts about the location of lightning 6 minutes in advance and a few hours in advance of a large area.
- With the help of this initiative,many lives can be saved if early warning agencies and such warnings are implemented.