NITI Aayog organizes 5th Edition of Women Transforming India Awards
Polity & Governance
30th Mar, 2022
Recently, NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) organized the fifth edition of the Women Transforming India Awards (WTI).
About the Women Transforming India Awards (WTI):
- The Women Transforming India Awards is NITI Aayog’s annual initiative to highlight the commendable and ground-breaking endeavours of India’s women leaders and change-makers.
- The Awards is to be conferred on seventy five women achievers to celebrate their contribution towards a Sashakt Aur Samarth Bharat.
- Applications for the WTI Awards were invited under one or more than one of the following seven categories:
- Public and Community Service
- Manufacturing Sector
- Non-manufacturing Sector
- Financial Products enabling Economic Growth
- Climate Action
- Promote Art, Culture and Handicrafts
- Digital Innovation
Women Entrepreneurship Platform
- Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is an aggregator portal that aims to catalyse the entrepreneurial ecosystem for women and address information asymmetry.
- Aim: To build a vibrant ecosystem for women-led enterprises.
- The platform also works to strengthen industry linkages and increase awareness of existing programmes and services.
- To date, more than 900 women entrepreneurs have been benefitted through 77 programmes and events hosted on the platform.
- The platform played an active role during Covid-19 by conducting webinars to provide business support to women entrepreneurs and through its Masking It Up campaign, whereby women-led small businesses in India that were adversely impacted were supported.