What's New :
NLC India commences coal production at Talabira-II & III Opencast Coal Mine
5th May, 2020
NLC India has commenced coal production at its Talabira-II and III Opencast Coal Mine in Odisha. .
- NLC India has commenced coal production at its Talabira-II and III Opencast Coal Mine in Odisha.
- Tamil Nadu-based Navaratna company said its production marked the entry of NLC India into the coal mining sector in the state.
- The Talabira II and III coal mines were allotted to this Navratna firm in 2016 to meet the requirement of its existing and future coal-fired power plants.
- The company had said that the production of 20 million tonnes of coal per annum from these two coal blocks would fuel its 4,200 MW thermal power projects in that state.
- During 2019-2020, the company also achieved a renewable energy generation capacity of 1404 mw comprising 1353 mw of solar and 51 mw of wind power.
Verifying, please be patient.