PM confers Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration
Polity & Governance
4th May, 2022
PM Modi conferred the Awards for Excellence in Public Administration 2021 for effective implementation of identified priority programmes to mark the 15th Civil Services Day.
- Every Year the Government of India observes National Civil Services Day on April 21 as an occasion for the Civil Servants to rededicate themselves to the cause of citizens and to renew their commitments to public service and excellence in work.
- Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration were instituted with a view to recognize the extraordinary and innovative work that has been done by the Districts/implementing units and Central/State organisations for the welfare of common citizens.
- The prestigious awards are also conferred for an effective implementation of identified priority programmes and innovation.
- Exemplary work done in the following five identified priority programmes will be given awards which is to be presented on Civil Services Day 2022:
- Promoting “Jan Bhagidari” or People’s Participation in Poshan Abhiyan
- Promoting excellence in sports and wellness through Khelo India scheme
- Digital payments and Good Governance in PM SVANidhi Yojana
- Holistic Development through One District One Product scheme
- Seamless, End-to-End Delivery of Services without Human Intervention.