PM pays tributes to Shyamji Krishna Varma
14th Oct, 2021
Recently Prime Minister paid tribute to freedom fighter Shyamji Krishna Varma on his 164th birth anniversary.
About Shyamji Krishna Varma
- Shyamji Krishna Varma was born in 1857 in Gujarat.
- He was an Indian freedom fighter, lawyer and journalist.
- He was an admirer of Dayanand Saraswati, because of that he became the first President of Bombay Arya Samaj.
- Died on: March 30, 1930.
Major organizations founded by Shyamji Krishna Varma
- Indian Home Rule Society (IHRS): The organisation was founded by Shyamji Krishna Varma, with support from Bhikaji Cama, Dadabhai Naoroji and S.R. Rana in London in 1905.
- It was an Indian organisation that promoted the cause of self-rule in British India.
- India House: Indian House was a student residence that existed between 1905 and 1910 which was opened to promote nationalist views among Indian students in Britain.
- Shyamji inspired Veer Savarkar who was a member of India House in London
- Indian Sociologist: The Indian Sociologist in London became an outlet for nationalist ideas.