President DroupadiMurmu flags off Tripura-Manipur train
Polity & Governance
21st Oct, 2022
Recently, President Droupadi Murmuhas flagged off two passenger trains, one of them connecting Tripura and Manipur for the first time.
- The Jan Shatabdi Express will operate between Tripura capital Agartala and Khongsang in Manipur.
- The other train is a special express linking Agartala and Kolkata via Guwahati.
- The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR)has undertaken an ambitious project to connect all eight northeastern States’ capitals or take the railway line to a strategic place nearest these towns.
Key features of the Project:
- The Agartala-Khongsang section is on the 110 km Jiribam-Imphal new line project.
- The project is a part of the aspiring initiative to connect northeast from mainland India.
Guwahati-Lumding-Guwahati Express: The first train between Nagaland and Meghalaya.