Statement of Intent between Atal Innovation Mission and Adobe
Polity & Governance
7th Mar, 2019
Recently, NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Adobe signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) to collectively develop creative skills and spread digital literacy across all Atal Tinkering Labs in India.
More on news
- Adobe will adopt 100 schools under Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) initiative.
- It will be implementing its Digital Disha Program in ATLs, under which free licenses of Adobe Spark premium shall be offered to ATLs.
Atal Innovation Mission
- It is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
- It is envisaged as an umbrella innovation organization that would play an instrumental role in alignment of innovation policies between central, state and sectoral innovation schemes.
- Long term goals of AIM include establishment and promotion of Small Business Innovation Research and Development at a national scale.
Atal Tinkering Labs- to promote creative, and innovative mind set in schools
- AIM is setting up state of the art ATL in schools across all districts in India.
- These ATLs are dedicated innovation workspaces of 1200-1500 square feet where do-it-yourself (DIY) kits on latest technologies like 3D Printers, Robotics, Internet of Things (IOT), Miniaturized electronics are installed using a grant of Rs 20 Lakhs from the government so that students from Grade VI to Grade XII can tinker with these technologies and learn to create innovative solutions using these technologies.
- The vision is to have every school have access to at least one or more Atal Tinkering Labs in each district of the country, as well as to scale the same up with the help of state education ministries across the length and breadth of the country.
- Also Government / Govt Aided schools, and Girls schools, North East and Hilly District schools get a special preference in the consideration of ATL selections.
Atal Incubators (AIC) – promoting entrepreneurship in universities and industry
- At the university, NGO, SME and Corporate industry levels, AIM is setting up world-class Atal Incubators that would trigger and enable successful growth of sustainable startups in every sector /state of the country
- It is aimed at providing a grant of upto Rs 10 Crores to successful applicants for setting up greenfield incubators or scaling up existing ones.
- Women led incubators and entrepreneurial startups are strongly encouraged by AIM.