Science & Technology
30th Oct, 2019
The National Cyber Security Coordinator's office in partnership with Data Security Council (DSCI) of India launched TechSagar – a platform to discover India’s technological capability through a portal.
- TechSagar – India’s Cybertech Repository was conceptualized by Government of India in partnership with Data Security Council of India.
- TechSagar is a consolidated and comprehensive repository of India’s Cybertech capabilities and provides actionable insights about capabilities of the Indian Industry, Academia & Research; across 25 technology areas like IoT, AI/ML, Block Chain, Cloud & Virtualisation, Robotics & Automation, AR/VR, Wireless & Networking, and more.
- It allows targeted search, granular navigation and drilldown methods using more than 3000 niche capabilities.
- As of now, the repository features 4000+ entities from Industry, Academia & Research including large enterprises and start-ups providing a country level view of India’s Cyber competencies. In addition to entities, the repository also provides information about over 5000 products & solutions and 3500 + services from start-ups and large enterprises.
- The repository facilitates several opportunities to collaborate, connect and innovate, and also endeavours to provide direction for a strategic cyber roadmap of the country in R&D, industry development, and strengthening the preparedness of National Security.
- TechSagar is a dynamic platform and shall be frequently updated with new entities and information to maintain its relevancy and usefulness.
- As India aspires to become a ‘Trillion-Dollar Digital’ economy, the repository will facilitate new opportunities for businesses and academia to collaborate, connect and innovate.
- TechSagar will help combat the growing threat from cybercrime.
About Data Security Council of India (DSCI):
- Data Security Council of India (DSCI) is a not-for-profit, industry body on data protection in India, setup by NASSCOM®, committed to making the cyberspace safe, secure and trusted by establishing best practices, standards and initiatives in cyber security and privacy.
- To further its objectives, DSCI engages with governments and their agencies, regulators, industry sectors, industry associations and think tanks for policy advocacy, thought leadership, capacity building and outreach activities.
- To strengthen thought leadership in cyber security and privacy, DSCI develops best practices and frameworks, publishes studies, surveys and papers. It builds capacity in security, privacy and cyber forensics through training and certification program for professionals and law enforcement agencies and engages stakeholders through various outreach initiatives including events, awards, chapters, consultations and membership programs.
- DSCI also endeavours to increase India’s share in the global security product and services market through global trade development initiatives. These aim to strengthen the security and privacy culture in India.