‘UMANG’s international version launched’
1st Dec, 2020
India launched the UMANG’s international version in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs for select countries that include USA
India launched the UMANG’s international version in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs for select countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- The UMANG mobile app (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance)is a Government of India all-in-one single, unified, secure, multi-channel, multi-lingual, multi-service mobile application providing access to high impact services of various Government of India Departments and State Governments.
- UMANG has now grown to provide 2039 services (373 from 88 Central departments, 487 from 101 departments of 27 States and 1,179 services for utility bill payments) and the count is galloping ahead.
- To act as an enabler and facilitator in developing overall mobile based service delivery ecosystem in India.
- Provide easy access for individuals to various services via single Mobile Application, easy to remember short code and single Toll Free number.
- Provide easy discoverability of services, easy manageability and standardisation of service delivery.
- Provide for quick mobile enablement of e-Gov applications/services of Government departments through easy and fast integration, on-boarding, mobile front-end roll-out by bringing their services on this mobile application platform.
- Provide another value added services to departments via a common platform through integration with Telecom Service Provider and Payment gateway.
Significance of the step
- It will help Indian international students, NRIs and Indian tourists abroad, to avail Government of India services, anytime.
- It will also help in taking India to the world through ‘Indian Culture’ services available on UMANG and create interest amongst foreign tourists to visit India.