Polity & Governance
19th Mar, 2019
Bureau of Energy Efficiency has developed a national strategy document for accelerating energy efficiency in India titled UNNATEE (Unlocking National Energy Efficiency potential).
More on news:
- The strategy document describes a plain framework and implementation strategy to establish a clear linkage between energy supply-demand scenarios and energy efficiency opportunities.
- The document offers a comprehensive roadmap to address India’s environmental and climate change mitigation action through energy efficiency measures.
- The document has now been released for larger public consultation and seeking comments/ valuable inputs from all the stakeholders.
- This exercise is first of its kind, clearly delineating the energy efficiency targets for the respective demand sectors upto the state levels. Developing India’s blueprint of effective energy efficiency strategy is a leap towards stimulating energy efficiency ecosystem and enabling reduction of the pressure on demand. PwC India has assisted BEE in executing this assignment. This document has been prepared after extensive discussion with various departments, organisations and authorities.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE):
- The Government of India has set up BEE in 2002 under the provision of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- The mission of Bureau of Energy Efficiency is to assist in developing policies and strategies with a thrust on self-regulation and market principles with the primary objective of reducing energy intensity of the Indian economy within the overall framework of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- This will be achieved with active participation of all stakeholders, resulting into accelerated and sustained adoption of energy efficiency in all sectors.