What's New :
Nagaland gets 2nd railway station after 100 year
Nagaland got its second Railway station on Dhansari-Shokhuvi railway line after a gap of more than 100 years, since Dimapur station was opened in 1903.
The new stattion
- Shokhuvi Railway station is part of the Dimapur-Zubza Railway project.
- The railway station is an alternative train route for Nagaland and Manipur passengers to Guwahati.
Molvon station at Jornapani, Nagaland, is expected to be completed by next March or April and Phase 2 – Pherima and Phase 3 Zubza which are expected to be completed by 2023 and 2026 respectively.
Dimapur-Zubza Railway project:
- The project of Broad Gauge (BG) line connectivity from Dimapur (Dhansiri) - Zubza (Kohima) (82.50 km) (suburban city of Kohima, the Capital city of Nagaland) in Nagaland was sanctioned in 2006-07.
- The hill segment would run an estimated 50km, while the plains segment from Dhansiri station (Karbi Anglong) to Shoxuvi runs an estimated 30km for an estimated total of 80km.
- The Dimapur-Zubza line will have around 20 tunnels and 19 major bridges.
Verifying, please be patient.