Target PT 2018 Online Classes Batch - 2
Complete Revision through MCQs, Program will start from 15th March, 2018
. Click here
for Course details & Online admission.
The portal will act as a single online e-trading market platform, including availability of bovine germplasm. It will enable the farmers to buy bovine animals, frozen semen and embryo. The Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare launched e-pashuhaat portal to connect farmers and breeders of bovine animals.
About the portal:
• e-pashuhaat portal will connect farmers with breeders- State, Central, Co-operative, Milk Federations, and private agencies.
• It will provide information related to certification of the animal, breeding, its picture, volume of milk given by the cow etc.
• It will facilitate farmers to purchase advanced breed of bovine animals at a reasonable price as per as their requirements.
• It will provide, certified picture of animals, its parents information, breeding, volume of milk given by bovine animal information.
• Besides, it will provide information related to animal fodder varieties, its volume and price. It will have real time authentic certified information on availability of germplasm.
Importance of the portal:
• Earlier there was no single authentic organised market for animals. Information like pet cattle, trading of bovine animals was not available in any other forum or platform in the country.
• This portal is likely to help fill in the vacuum. Since dairying activity is a major supplementary source of income for farmers.
• The portal will play important role in increasing income of framers from animal rearing for achieving the goal of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
• It establishes links between ‘farmer to farmer’ and ‘farmer to institutes’. Thus, it minimises the involvement of middlemen.
• It will create a comparative Farm Network that will facilitate farmers to exchange local knowledge and resources.