Initiatives by GOI-
15th Nov, 2019
- It aims to generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban areas of the country through setting up of new self-employment ventures/projects/micro enterprises.
- It also provides continuous and sustainable employment to a large segment of traditional and prospective artisans and rural/urban employed youth, so as to help arrest migration of rural youth to urban areas.
- Another objective is to increase the wage earning capacity of artisans and contribute to increase the growth rate of rural and urban employment.
Zero Defect Zero Effect
- It signifies two things: Production mechanisms wherein products have no defects and production process which has zero adverse environmental and ecological effects.
National SC/ST hub
- An initiative targeted developing a supporting eco-system for SC/ST entrepreneurs.
Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme
- The objective of the Scheme is to facilitate technology up-gradation in MSMEs by providing an upfront capital subsidy of 15 per cent (on institutional finance of up to Rs 1 crore availed by them) for induction of well-established and improved technology in the specified 51 sub-sectors/products approved.
- The major objective is to upgrade their plant & machinery with state-of-the-art technology, with or without expansion and also for new MSEs which have set up their facilities with appropriate eligible and proven technology duly approved under scheme guidelines.
- The Scheme is a demand driven one without any upper limit on overall annual spending on the subsidy disbursal.
Revamped Scheme of Fund for Regeneration Of Traditional Industries (SFURTI):
- Organizes traditional industries and artisans into clusters and make them competitive by enhancing their marketability & equipping them with improved skills.
- Equip traditional artisans of the associated clusters with the improved skills and strengthen the cluster governance systems with the active participation of the stakeholders.
A Scheme for Promoting Innovation, Rural Industry & Entrepreneurship (ASPIRE) :
- It aims to creates new jobs & reduce unemployment, promotes entrepreneurship culture, facilitates innovative business solution etc.
- National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme (NMCP) :
- To develop global competitiveness among Indian MSMEs by improving their processes, designs, technology and market access.