PM Gati Shakti Master Plan
25th Aug, 2021
On India’s 75th Independence Day, ‘PM Gati Shakti Master Plan’, was launched, with a Rs. 100 lakh-crore project for developing ‘holistic infrastructure’.
What is the Gati Shakti Master Plan?
- PM Gati Shakti Plan is a national infrastructure master plan.
- Aim: To make a foundation for holistic infrastructure and give an integrated pathway to the economy.
Focus area of the project:
- Employment opportunity: To act as a source of employment opportunities for the youth in future.
- Leveling up local manufacturers: To help raise the global profile of local manufacturers and help them compete with their counterparts worldwide.
- Economic zones: To raise possibilities of new future economic zones.
- Infrastructure development: Infrastructure development has the ability to create a multiplier effect with every rupee invested, yielding much higher returns.
- Infrastructure is a major sector that propels overall development of the Indian economy.
- As per Indian Infrastructure Sector in India Industry Report, India plans to spend US$ 1.4 trillion on infrastructure between 2019 to 2023, which is predicted to boost the expansive growth of the sector.