What's New :
Making the cremation methods a green way for performing rituals
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) flags need to curb Air pollution. It advise all the states and UTs to follow Bio-Cremation methods.
What is Bio-Cremation?
- Bio cremation or resomation is based on a process called alkaline hydrolysis.
- Alkaline Hydrolysis is a process that uses water and lye to break apart the body after death without the use of fire.
- This, proponents say, leads to a more environmentally friendly process for the disposal of bodies.
- This is the method that currently holds the most promise for providing environmentally gentle disposal of human remains.
- Also referred to as bio cremation, aquamation, or resomation, alkaline hydrolysis uses a solution of water and potassium hydroxide instead of a high heat flame.
- The solution is heated to approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit, which dissolves the body.
Verifying, please be patient.