4th Mar, 2020
Recently the Union Textiles Minister launched Project SURE, which is a move towards sustainable fashion.
- Project SURE: SURE stands for ‘Sustainable Resolution’. It is the first ever holistic effort towards gradually introducing a broader framework for establishing critical sustainability goals for the Indian textile industry.
- Objective: The project aims to move towards sustainable fashion that contributes to a clean environment.
- It is commitment by India’s apparel industry to set a sustainable pathway for Indian fashion industry.
- Project SURE aims to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030, especially SDG-12 for responsible consumption and production.
- Partners: Clothing Manufacturers Association of India (CMAI), United Nations in India, and IMG Reliance; organizers of Lakme Fashion Week.
- Top fashion and retail brands like Shoppers Stop, Max, Lifestyle, Raymond etc. Are signatories to the project, and have pledged to source or utilise substantial portion of their total consumption using sustainable raw materials and processes by 2025.