GPT-4 vs ChatGPT
Science & Technology
17th Mar, 2023
GPT-4 is a large multimodal model created by OpenAI and announced on March 14, 2023.
What is GPT-4?
- GPT-4 is "multimodal" created by OpenAI, which means it can generate content from both image and text prompts.
- Multimodal models can encompass more than just text and also accepts images as input.
- Meanwhile, GPT-3 and GPT-3.5 only operated in one modality, text, meaning users could only ask questions by typing them out.
- GPT-4 is also capable of handling over 25,000 words of text, opening up a greater number of use cases that now also include long-form content creation, document search and analysis, and extended conversations.
- ChatGPT is a ‘conversational’ AI and will answer queries just like a human would.
- It can answer follow-up questions.
- It can also “admit its mistakes
- It can challenge incorrect premises and reject inappropriate requests.
- It is being seen as a replacement for much of the daily mundane writing, from an email to even college-style essays.
- Developed by: OpenAI, a research, and development firm was founded as a non-profit in 2015.
- Language Used: It has used the GPT 3.5 series of language learning models (LLM).
- GPT stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3.
- It relies on deep learning techniques to produce human-like text based on inputs.’
- ChatGPT’s GPT-3.5 was limited to textual input and output, meaning they could only read and write.
- ChatGPT could process 8,000 words at a time.
- ChatGPT’s GPT-3.5 model could handle 4,096 tokens.