India ranked 40th on International Intellectual Property Index
6th Apr, 2021
India is ranked 40 among 53 economies through the latest annual edition of the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index.
- What is the IIP Index?
- It is released annually by the US Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC).
- The Index aims to evaluate Intellectual Property rights in 53 global economies through-
- patent and copyright policies
- commercialization of IP assets
- ratification of international treaties
International Intellectual Property Index 2020
- India is ranked 40th in 2021, by scoring 38.4 out of 100. India has shown real improvement over the past few years.
- Top Countries: The United States, Japan, and Europe are at the top of the intellectual property rankings.
- Improvement: The overall global IP environment has been improved in 2020, with the positive score increasing in 32 of the 53 economies measured by the IP Index.