Weekly Current Affairs: April week-2 - Integrated Government Online training’ (iGOT) portal
15th Apr, 2020
The Government of India has launched a training module for management of COVID-19 named ‘Integrated Government Online training’ (iGOT) portal, which aims to enhance capacity building of front line workers to handle the pandemic efficiently.
- The module, named Integrated Govt. Online Training(iGOT), has been introduced on the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s DIKSHA platform.
- The platform aims to train all frontline healthcare and COVID Warriors of India to meet the vision to care for those ‘who care for the nation’,
- Courses on iGOT have been launched for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Hygiene Workers, Technicians, Auxiliary Nursing Midwives (ANMs), State Government Officers, Civil Defence Officers, Various Police Organisations, National Cadet Corps (NCC), NehruYuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), National Service Scheme, Indian Red Cross Society, Bharat Scouts and Guides and other volunteers at the stage.
- The platform currently hosts nine courses on topics given as below:
- Basics of COVID
- ICU Care and Ventilation Management
- Clinical Management, Infection Prevention through PPE
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Quarantine and Isolation
- Laboratory Sample Collection and Testing
- Management of COVID 19 Cases
- COVID 19 Training
What is DIKSHA Platform?
- Digital Infrastructure Knowledge Sharing’ (DIKSHA) platform by HRD Ministry is an online initiative for education and training.
- DIKSHA’s population scale infrastructure was launched in 2017 and is already being used by more than one crore teachers and students across the country in 30+ states & UTs for curriculum-based education and training.
- DIKSHA already has explanation, practice and assessment content linked to NCERT and state curriculum.
- DIKSHA platform is well equipped to cater to unlimited demands of learning, any time, anywhere.
- Multiple states in the country besides NCERT & CBSE will be using it for online teacher training, conducting quizzes, doing learning activities to promote creative & critical thinking, as well as for ensuring continuity in curriculum linked education for students in these times.
Significance of the initiative:
- The uniqueness of the DIKSHA platform is its federated architecture which makes it possible for iGOT portal to leverage it and help train lakhs of 'Corona warriors' including government officials, frontline health workers & volunteers from organizations like NCC, NSS, NYKS etc, to prepare them to fight against the pandemic.
- The portal will provide agencies like the Health Department and NCC with the ability to upload their content suited for its various users and users to take training using mobile app(diksha app) and online.
- Furhermore, the iGOT portal will help equip our frontline warriors with capabilities to fight the Coronavirus Pandemic by getting just in time knowledge and skill sets to help tide over the present crisis.