What's New :
15th Oct, 2019
- Born in 1864, Kamini Roy was a social worker and a feminist.
- Roy is the first woman to have graduated with honors in the history of India.
- At a time when a woman's role was restricted to taking care of household chores, Roy graduated with a degree in Sanskrit from Bethune College, Kolkata.
- After her graduation she joined Bethune as a teacher and published “Alo o Chhaya” in 1889.
- In 1921, she was one of the leaders of “Bangiya Nari Samaj”, an organisation which fought for women’s suffrage.
Verifying, please be patient.