MAIDEN AL-MOHED AL-HINDI EXERCISE
19th Aug, 2021
Recently, the 'AL - Mohed AL - Hindi' two countries' training between India and Saudi Arabia began on August 12 on the coast of Al Jubail.
About the Exercise
- This is the first-ever naval exercise between both nations.
- India’s guided-missile destroyer INS Kochi will participate in the exercise.
- The joint naval exercise will show the growing defense and military cooperation between India and Saudi Arabia.
- The exercise is taking place due to rising tension in the Gulf region after the drone attack on a merchant tanker off Oman.
- It will showcase the reflection of growing cooperation between Saudi Arabia and India.
The Importance of Indian Participation in Bilateral Exercises
- It is an indication of the high level of trust and confidence among the member nations.
- It is an important means of building confidence (CBM) and an indication of the faith placed by India in another nation or group of member states.
- It is a tool for projection of a nation’s soft power i.e. culture, language, customs, beliefs, food habits and lifestyle.
Other Military Exercise of India
- Hand in Hand- China
- Surya Kiran- Nepal
- Sampriti- Bangladesh
- Mitra Shakti- Sri Lanka
- IMBAX- Myanmar
- Garuda Shakti- Indonesia
- INDRA- Russia
- Ajeya Warrior- UK
- Nomadic Elephant- Mongolia
- SIMBEX- Singapore
- NASEEM-AL-BAHAR – Oman
Indian Air Force
- GARUDA- France
- INDRADHANUSH- UK