NIPUN-Delhi Police-learning portal
Polity & Governance
20th Nov, 2018
In consonance with the spirit of ‘Digital India’ and in order to impart training and provide up to date information to police officers, the Delhi Police has launched an e-learning portal NIPUN.
- In consonance with the spirit of ‘Digital India’ and in order to impart training and provide up to date information to police officers, the Delhi Police has launched an e-learning portal NIPUN.
- The initiative aims at imparting in-service training to police personnel.
- It aims to impart online training and information through specialized courses designed by experts in various fields.
- It will benefit the police officers investigating various cases by providing online resource and information on law, standing orders, investigation checklists, and forms for case files, latest High Court and Supreme Court rulings.
- The website of the Training Department is aimed at facilitating information sharing between the faculty and the trainees at the Police Training Institutes of the Delhi Police. The website provides the training syllabus, study material, sample question papers, manuals, and laws and so on
- Many of the courses have been developed in-house while others have been made in collaboration with the University Grant Commission (UGC), FICCI, NHRC, NCPCR, and Janaki Devi Memorial College, Delhi University (DU) under the project "The Collaborative Learning and Partnership" (CLAP).
- Further, the Delhi Legal Service Authority has also consented to be a partner in developing specific courses for the Delhi Police.
- With the launch of the portal, the officers can now access information by just logging on the portal.
- As the course can be taken from anywhere at any time, it becomes easier for the police officer to upgrade their skills and re-enforce their learning while balancing training time along with their daily routine work.