‘PM Awas Yojana and PRAGATI Platform’
Polity & Governance
6th Aug, 2019
Prime Minister reviewed the progress of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) scheme under PRAGATI meeting and directed officials to work towards the goal of ensuring “Housing for All” by 2022.
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA (URBAN) – PMAY (U) - Housing for All (HFA)
The Mission will be implemented during 2015-2022 and will provide central assistance to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and other implementing agencies through States/UTs for:
- In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
- Credit Linked Subsidy
- Affordable Housing in Partnership with public and private sectors
- Subsidy for Beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
Credit linked subsidy component will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme while other three components will be implemented as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA (RURAL) – PMAY (Gramin) - Housing for All (HFA)
This scheme serves to provide housing facilities to the rural, deprived, poor people living in underdeveloped villages in India.
- It proposes to provide an environmentally safe and secure pucca house to every rural household by 2022.
- A minimum support of nearly Rs. 1.5 lakh to Rs. 1.6 lakh to a household is available.
- A provision of Bank loan upto Rs. 70,000/- is available if the beneficiary desires.
- Beneficiaries have been selected through a completely transparent process using the Socio Economic Census 2011 data.
- It provides for skilling Rural Masons and allowing different housing designs across the country based on a detailed study of housing typologies, environmental hazards and the households’ requirements.
- A large scale use of local materials is envisaged along with a complete home with cooking space, electricity provision, LPG, toilet and bathing area, drinking water etc. through convergence.
- It targets the poor households and uses ICT and space technology to further confirm correct selection of beneficiaries.
PRAGATI: a multi-purpose, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation
- It is a unique integrating and interactive platform.
- It is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances and thus provides a grievance redressed mechanism.
- It simultaneously monitors and reviews important programmes and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
- It uniquely bundles three latest technologies: Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- It also offers a unique combination in the direction of cooperative federalism since it brings on one stage the Secretaries of Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States.