What's New :
The International Day of Families
30th May, 2020
May 15 is celebrated as International Family Day every year.
- May 15 is celebrated as International Family Day every year.
- In 1993, the General Assembly decided that 15 May of every year should be observed as The International Day of Families.
- This day provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase the knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families.
- This year’s 25th anniversary of Copenhagen Declaration and Beijing Platform for Action comes at a time of one of the most challenging global health and social crises, the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic .
- The pandemic brings into sharp focus the importance of investing in social policies protecting the most vulnerable individuals and families
Verifying, please be patient.