Dhruv: A Unique Initiative For Talented Students 'Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme' Launched
2nd Jan, 2020
- Union Minister of Human resource Development launched a unique initiative, the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning programme –Dhruv, which will act as a turning point in the lives of extraordinarily talented students.
- The new programme, Dhruv will act as a platform to explore the talent of outshining and meritorious students and help them achieve excellence in their specific areas of interest, may it be science, performing arts, creative writing, etc.
- It has been started to identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge .In centres of excellence across the country, gifted children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in different areas, so that they can reach their full potential. To begin with, the programme will cover two areas, i.e., Science and Performing Arts.
- There are 60 students in all from across the country, 30 from each area. The students have been broadly chosen from classes 9 to 12, from all schools including government and private.
Al-enabled Mobile Application For Swachh Bharat Mission
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched an integrated waste management app and Artificial Intelligence enabled mSBM app. Al –enabled mSBM App, a Mobile App developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), not only facilitates the applicants of Individual Household Latrine (IHHL) under SBM-U to know the status of their application in real –time after uploading the photograph but also helps them upload the correct photo.
- The app also helps the respective ULB nodal officer to verify and approve the application thereby significantly reducing the processing time for the applicants.
Water Heroes- Share Your Stories Contest
- The "water Heroes- Share Your Stories" Contest is launched by Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation; Ministry of Jal Shakti, with the objective of promoting value of water in general and for supporting country –wide efforts on water conservation and sustainable development of water resources.
Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Theme of International Film Festival Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat will be the theme of International Film Festival co- sponsored by Ministry Information and Broadcasting which will be attended more than 76 countries and will showcase 26 features film and 16 non-feature films.
PM receives Global Goal Keeper Award
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi received the 'Global Goalkeeper' Award by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, on 24 September 2019. The award ceremony took place on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) session in New York.